One of the characteristics that influence being a good leader is to be able to organize the tasks that your employees carry out and verify that they meet the objectives set. It’s a good way to make sure you get the most out of human Resources and materials that your company has. The productivity It is key and, to enhance it, nothing better than having a previous plan of organization and distribution of work. So, take note!
Tips for the distribution of tasks in a company
Learn to organize tasks in a work team It is essential not to overflow with many responsibilities. Here are a series of recommendations that will come in handy for organize staff tasks in a very efficient way:
- Deal objectively: Look at criteria like motivation or knowledge that each worker has to carry out a specific task and not simply that they must fulfill certain workloads.
- The specialization: A good team must keep up to date with the latest trends and keep forming in order to increase their performance and knowledge. One of your main obligations is to motivate your workers to continue learning and specialize in specific fields through good training plan. In this way, it will be easier for you to distribute tasks based on what each one knows how to do.
- Priority: Setting deadlines helps you limit tasks and time that can be dedicated to them. In addition, you can organize them according to this criterion and finish before the most urgent.
- Coordination: Keep in mind that all those that you distribute must obey a general work plan I collect them completely. This way you can control the dependence that exists on some tasks with others and coordinate to the different departments to work together and result oriented.
- Tracing: Once you distribute the tasks do not forget check from time to time how they are being carried out. Mark initial, middle and final deadlines to be able to follow up more adequately.
Problems that may arise in the management of staff tasks
Good planning should also take into account the possible unforeseen events that we may encounter. What kind can they be? It depends on the company and the work team, but normally they will have to do with the following points:
- Arrival of new employees that need to be trained and they don’t know how to perform their job duties.
- Cessation of staff.
- Address and cover absences of staff either due to illness, vacations, training attendance, etc.
- Process the work absenteeism of employees.
These are circumstances that can affect the correct development of the activity of a company and that, you must take into account, to avoid that the tasks remain unfinished.
5 keys to improve the definition and management of tasks
- Keep one Constant communication with your team
- Listen to your needs and identify points of improvement.
- Share your information and knowledge with them.
- Let it exist collaboration between different departments.
- Check the deadlines and adapt to the real and unforeseen circumstances that may have arisen.
How to choose the right person for each task?
Learning to delegate is one of the most important tasks that you will have to carry out in your business project. How to choose properly who should be responsible for each task?
- Professional criteria: Do not get carried away by the personal impressions you have of each worker. Act in an objective manner and assess the skills of each worker in relation to that specific task.
- Urgency rules, but not always: if everything is a priority, nothing is a priority. Really learn to distinguish urgent tasks from those that can be expected.
- Individual or group? It is important that you know your team, its strengths and areas for improvement. With this in mind, decide whether it will be more effective and productive to be carried out individually or to form a specific working group.
The fundamental thing is that you are able to transmit to your employees all the information, steps and objectives of that task in a clear and simple way. Further, Your job is to guide and accompany them throughout the process to make sure that they have understood and provide your support and professional guidance.